Welcome to Learning Made Fun
OptimaEd and Step Up for Students have partnered together to bring scholars a unique learning experience in the Metaverse world – merging community connection and virtual learning together. Through OptimaEd’s unique learning environments, Step Up for Students Family Empowerment Scholarship-UA recipients can purchase VR Explorations and courses.
What We Offer to SUFS Families
Explore the exciting opportunities we provide for families:
- VR Explorations: Immerse yourself in virtual reality and embark on captivating adventures. From ancient civilizations to outer space, our VR explorations transport you to new worlds, fostering a sense of wonder and curiosity.
- VR Courses: Engage in interactive and educational on demand VR courses covering a diverse range of subjects. Dive deep into history, unravel scientific concepts, or delve into the intricacies of technology. Our VR courses offer a unique and immersive way to learn and expand knowledge.
Join us at OptimaEd and unlock the potential of virtual reality for education. Experience the thrill of exploration and the power of knowledge as you embark on unforgettable journeys, tailored for families in Florida seeking immersive and educational experiences.
Vikings, Castles and Plagues Oh My!
This journey begins with a Viking invasion on the shores of 9th-century England followed by a lesson in castle construction. Students are then be transported to King John’s throne room in 1215 where they will learn about the limits placed on royal authority before traveling to Runnymede to participate in the signing of the Magna Carta. The journey ends in a 14th century Medieval village where students can save the community from the bubonic plague
Explore Island Town
Explore all four islands on Island Town through this portal adventure. Explorers will seek out portals through clues provided by the guide. Hours of fun can be had by figuring out new ways to island hop using pirate ships, rocks and more.
The Power of Light
Life is dependent on a balance between photosynthesis and cellular respiration. Known as the short
carbon cycle, this mechanism transfers energy through a food chain. Join us to discover the complexities
of energy transfer within an ecosystem.
The DaVinci Experience
This expedition begins with an introduction to scientific advancements, artwork, politics, and philosophy which defined the European Renaissance. Students then learn about Da Vinci’s inventions before visiting his workshop in 15th century Florence, Italy. There, they complete several building challenges. The last leg of the journey explores Renaissance art where students can try their own hand at painting.
When in Rome:
This journey begins in Pompeii. The year is 79 AD, just as Mt. Vesuvius is erupting. Students then transport to a Roman marketplace to learn about the importance of trade in the Roman economy while practicing their own bartering skills. The exploration ends discussing government during the Roman Republic.
Explore Ancient Egypt:
Fun and interactive lesson allowing students to experience one of the most fascinating parts of ancient Egyptian history: Mummies. They will learn about the mummification process and help a kind, but unfortunate mummy who has lost his organs and needs wrapping.
OptimaEd offers immersive Virtual Reality (VR) Explorations that allow your student to travel through space and time. These experiences are single-user, can be replayed, and are rotated monthly. Ten, including the Welcome Video, will be available at once.
Now available upon purchase: Teacher/ Parent Resource Guides by Grade – included with some of our newer VR Explorations.
Optima Academy offers state-approved online on-demand courses, and we are thrilled to extend this opportunity to scholarship recipients through Step Up for Students. To explore the available courses and their descriptions, kindly visit the course listings and descriptions page HERE.
On the Step Up for Students Marketplace, you can choose from the following products:
1. Meta Quest 2 Headset + 1 Optima Academy Online Course of your choice.
2. 1 Optima Academy Online Course of your choice.
Here’s how the process works:
Example: Suppose you wish to enroll in 6 on-demand courses and require a VR headset. In that case, you will need to select one “Meta Quest 2 headset and course” package and add 5 individual “1 Optima Academy online course” selections.
Feel free to select the product as many times as needed to fulfill the number of courses you intend to take.
Once your order is processed, a welcome email will be sent to you, providing details about credentials, onboarding, a course form to choose specific courses, the expected delivery date of the VR headset, contact information, and other necessary information.
Furthermore, the school will get in touch with you to arrange your schedule and orientation.
Content Creator Course:
Step into the future of VR Development with Engage Platform’s Content Editor Course! As an 8th grader or high school student, you have the chance to master the art of virtual reality creation with Engage’s user-friendly content editor. You’ll learn how to design, build, and publish your own VR experiences, all without writing any code. With Engage’s cutting-edge technology and expert instruction, you’ll be well on your way to becoming a VR development pro. Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to bring your ideas to life in the virtual world.
- This course requires login credentials provided with instructions upon purchasing.
- This course does not require a VR headset but is highly encouraged. It is accessible by desktop or VR headset application.
- Headset not provided with this purchase.
- This is a one-time purchase accessible for one year.
Essentials to Everyday Life Skills Course:
Essential Everyday Life Skills Course provides an opportunity for teens (and pre-teens) to develop highly effective habits, self-motivation and to implement the strategies learned to their academics and everyday life responsibilities. The tools and resources provided in this learning experience will create strong independent study time and lead teens on a path to becoming self-sufficient in a healthy and virtuous way.
- This learning experience is perfect for preparing students for high school or for teens that need support in developing highly effective habits. This offering is OnDemand (self-paced) and requires an adult’s commitment to be a Coach for the student enrolled.
- Using your scholarship, you can purchase any of our products from the OptimaEd vendor list.
- If you already have a VR headset, you can click here to see if your hardware is compatible with our software.
- If you do not have a VR headset or are seeking to purchase a new one, you can buy one with a subscription. Please see vendor list for options.
- Once you purchase a product, our team will provide a welcome email with login credentials and next steps.
We hope to see you in the Metaverse!
Sign-up for your Step Up for Students account today and purchase your subscription or course through MyScholarShop! As you’re taking your next steps, we’d like to welcome you into the OptimaED family.
Have questions or want to learn more about our products, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org